Marten Construction Management, Inc. knows the partnerships we build with our subcontractors are vital to our business. When everyone works together toward a common goal, success will be achieved. We keep an extensive, up-to-date bidderís list that our Project Managers and Superintendents refer to when beginning new projects, or if someone is needed to do repair work at existing jobsites. If you'd like to be considered for any of our upcoming projects, please click here to fill out and submit our Subcontractor Form. We hope to work with you soon!
Subcontractors awarded a contract for one of our projects need to provide our office with a current insurance certificate, both for General Liability and Worker's Compensation. Sole-proprietors must submit a Worker's Compensation Clearance Certificate for Independent Contractors from the Indiana Department of Revenue. You must notify Marten Construction Management, Inc. thirty days prior to the cancellation of any policies. Also, if your insurance certificate will expire before your work is completed, please send the renewal to our office on or before the renewal date. You can fax a copy to us at 317-475-0843 and mail the original to our office at:
Marten Construction Management, Inc.
5719 Lawton Loop
Indianapolis, IN 46205
- The following are Marten Construction Management Inc.ís billing procedures. If you have any questions about these procedures, or have a billing question about your specific project, please contact the Office Manager at email@example.com or by phone at 317-475-0855.
- Two (2) copies of each billing must be submitted for work completed through the 25th of the month. A billing will not be accepted for stored material.
- Each billing must be submitted to the Construction Managerís home office no later than 3 p.m. on the 25th day of the month.
Billings received by the pre-stated cut-off date will be paid by the Owner through the Construction Manager by the 15th of the following month. Any billing received after the pre-stated cut-off date will be processed and paid approximately 45 days after receipt, upon approval by the Project Manager.
- Each billing must be submitted on AIA G702 and G703 forms. Form G703 must be itemized according to each phase number and description listed in Article 4 of this contract and any change orders that follow.
- Each "Billing" must be accompanied by a fully-executed conditional (partial or final) lien waiver for the contractor, as well as subcontractors and material suppliers, stating that the contractor and material suppliers have been paid since prior billing period. Checks will not be released until submission of this form and will be provided by Marten Construction Management, Inc., 5719 Lawton Loop East Drive, Indianapolis, IN.
- Each billing will have ten percent (10%) retainage held. Final payment will be processed within sixty (60) days of completion of this contract and in accordance with provisions of Article 6 of this contract. A final billing for retainage must be received before retainage will be released.
- If the project is tax-exempt, the Contractor shall request a tax-exempt certificate. The Construction Manager or Owner will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred by the Contractor for failure to obtain such a certificate.
- Prior to the start of construction, the Contractor must provide a standard certificate of insurance. The Contractor must notify the Construction Manager thirty (30) days prior to the cancellation of any policies. The Contractor waives all rights against the Owner, the Architect, the Construction Manager, and all other contractors for damages caused by fire or other perils to the extent covered by property insurance provided under the AIA Documents 201/CM 'General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, June 1993 Edition', except such rights as it may have to the proceeds of such insurance.
Click on the following links to download any of the forms you may need during the billing process. If you need AIA billing forms, please contact the Indianapolis AIA office at 317-632-4104, or visit the AIA website at www.aiaindy.org.
AIA Forms used frequently used by Marten Construction Management, Inc.:
- A101 CMa Owner Contractor Agreement
- A201 CMa General Conditions of the Contract for Construction
- A305 Contractor's Qualification Statement
- A401 Contractor-Subcontractor Agreement
- A701 Instructions to Bidders
- B801 CMa Owner-Construction Manager Agreement
- G701 CMa Change Order - Construction Manager - Adviser Edition
- G702 CMa Application and Certificate for Payment - Construction Manager - Adviser Edition
- G703 Continuation Sheet